Neverhood Video Clips

Monday, March 19, 2007

Less Stress with RSS & Newsreaders

There is so much out there to choose from. The newsreaders don't interest me that much because I read the newpaper in the morning and listen to radio on the commute home from work at night. However, at work I use any number of RSS news feeds for the ticker that is projected onto the wall at the Library Connection @ Southcenter. In my personal life I might find RSS feeds useful for shopping. For example, I subscribed to an RSS feed supported by an outdoor equipment retail store called REI. This feed is called "REI.com Deal of the Day." The rss feed is: www.rei.com/outlet/rei-outlet-rss2.xml. Libraries might use RSS Feeds to keep patrons posted on new materials in the library system or maybe job postings or even new databases when they come on board.

No comments: